Accounting Manager – Management Company
Aduro Advisors, LLC provides premier fund administration services to venture capital and private equity firms. We merge industry best practices and personalized recommendations to provide excellent service to our clients.
The Management Company Accounting Manager works alongside an Aduro Controller to support a client base comprised of multiple small to medium-sized Venture Capital firms. Ideal candidates must be self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills. As a member of the Aduro Advisors team, this individual must be able to grow positive, collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues while working independently at home.
- We aim for excellence: we hire the best, work with the best, and continuously strive towards top-notch work product.
- We’re hungry!we’re constantly pushing ourselves to learn, grow, and evolve. We embrace new challenges as we know we can rise to the occasion.
- We choose our own adventure:there isn’t one size that fits all for our team or our clients. We rely on process, but are flexible and dynamic to ensure needs are met.
- We believe in the power of collaboration: great ideas win and we all have a seat at the table. We believe a diverse team & diverse clients >> diversity in ideas >> the best outcomes.
- We take ownership:we pitch in where it’s needed – regardless of role – to get the job done.
- We have integrity: we do what we say we’re going to do, no funny business. Period.
- We ask for what we need: we’re great accountants, not mind readers. We expect our team to clearly communicate what they need and ask clients to do so as well.
- We trust our team:we give our team the space to thrive and trust them to ask for help when needed.
A Management Company Accounting Manager works directly with a Controller to support the accounting and operations functions of a portfolio of Aduro clients. Focused on clients’ operational entities, a Management Company Accounting Manager must be able to:
- Reconcile banking transactions and prepare journal entries in accordance with US GAAP in Xero
- Drive month-end close process and raise follow-up questions to Controller or client (if appropriate)
- Prepare quarterly reporting including detailed general ledger, balance sheet and income statement for Controller and client review
- Manage payroll process including inputting changes in employee compensation, benefits deductions, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Process accounts payable on a weekly-basis using Bill.com
- Manage intercompany invoicing process
- Process and reconcile expense and credit card reporting using Expensify
- Review client budget and compare to actuals
- Prepare and provide documentation to external tax team for quarterly tax estimates and annual reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting role – experience with accounts payable and payroll cycles highly preferred
- External auditor / CPA certification a plus
- Proficient in accounting systems such as Xero or Quickbooks
- Comfortable with software systems including Gsuite, Microsoft Office, Box, Slack
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable working remotely
- Must be detail-oriented, service-focused, thoughtful, and excellent at both written and verbal communication